Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #23

I think ALL teachers should watch the YouTube Disney copywrite video. It was very informative! I have always had questions about copywrite and thank goodness we have a very smart librarian that can answer my questions. When I first started teaching we hung posters in our room from Disney and didn't think twice about it. Now you can't do that. I am really careful what I post and what I show. The Copywrite Comic Book was a great idea and a brilliant piece of work. Those kids should be proud of themselves. The Creative Commons website helped also. It answered some unanswered questions. Now I know where to go when I can't locate the librarian. The Disney video clip The Fair(y) Use was an example of Creative Commons. Small snippets of movies were pulled out to say exactly what Creative Commons was all about. At the very beginning it told you that it had nothing to do with Disney but used the Disney symbol. The Creative Commons symbol for misd 23 things is in the side bar.
This information will be very useful to me as a teacher. I can feel comfortable using snippets of films to teach my students and not be scared. There was always an uneasiness before where now I can use it with more confidence.

No comments: