Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #18

I never in a million years would have thought I would actually have a myspace. I am not into social networking at all. I have heard horror stories about myspace and swore I would stay away forever. Never say never! I officially have a myspace page. It was really fun picking just the right picture and adding a picture of my puppy. It was humbling filling out that I like oldies rock and am a 45 year old married woman. Some of the things like putting a song on my page were difficult. My 17 year old son helped me with that.
I realized during this whole process how smart this generation must be in order to do all the things that they do on computers every day. It takes me 30 minutes to do what my son can do in 5 minutes. I liked making a myspace but I don't know that I will do anything else with it. I am a little old fashioned and don't really spend much down time on the computer.
I looked at myspace and facebook and decided that myspace looked more user friendly. I am sure that they are both equally as easy to use. Although none of them are easy for me.
I don't think social networking has as much place in school as the other things we have learned in this class. I know that most schools won't let kids get on their myspace in the computer lab or in the classroom. I probably won't use social networking at all, but it was fun to play with.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Good job creating your myspace! There is no expectation for you to keep it up - we just wanted you to dip your toes in to understand it a little. While myspace probably doesn't have a place in schools, social networking-type sites would offer ways for students to communicate about classes and homework.