Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing #15

Back to blogging after a week in "smokey" California. I already knew about wikis from teaching English last year and the ESL training I had. I think in some situations wikis are really good. I also think we have to be really careful since anyone can edit a wiki and can put wrong information in there. I like the misd Sandbox. I really enjoyed reading those. I think the students can really get into something like this. Sharing ideas with friends and whomever else wishes to read it. I am going to research wikis some more and find a way to incorporate this into some of my ESL lessons. I think students respond well to anything on the computer and will feel more free to blog or write on a wiki than writing on paper.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Most wikis allow you to limit who can post - not everything is wide open to anyone.